February 9, 2010

Meaty Pasta
















Last night, before leaving work, I asked my husband the same question I ask him every night, "What do you want for dinner?" This time he said "meaty pasta." I like requests open to interpretation. Here is what I came up with after a visit to the store.

Meaty Pasta….

Jennie-O Turkey Sweet Lean Italian Sausage

Fresh Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce

 
I put some olive oil in a sauté pan with low heat. I took the sausage out of the skin and added it to the pan. I seasoned the meat with fresh ground pepper and black truffle salt. After the meat was cooked, I added the pasta sauce, a cub of frozen garlic and a handful of fresh oregano, basil and thyme. If you really like chunky sauce, add some stewed diced tomatoes and frozen spinach. Let the sauce simmer at a lower heat while you cook the pasta.

I chose spinach ravioli but this meat sauce would go well with cheese tortellini and spaghetti.


When everything was cooked, I layered a plate with ravioli and covered it with a meat sauce. I added a little fresh basil and parmesan to garnish the top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Was just thinking about that kind of pasta with this freezing weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I had pasta for dinner last night too!

    ReplyDelete