September 27, 2010

Bruschetta

Last night I decided to challenge myself to make a meal out of items already in my fridge. This may seem like an easy challenge but it was a Sunday night and the pickings were slim. I looked in my veggie drawer and decided it was a great night for bruschetta.




My Ingredients…

Cherry tomatos (halved with no seeds)

Hand full of basil – sliced

Chopped grilled asparagus (left over from the night before)

1 cube of Dorot frozen garlic

Goat Cheese

French Roll

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Truffle Salt

Red Wine Vinegars





(1) I defrosted the garlic by letting it sit at room temperature in my mixing bowl.  I pulled the other ingredients out of fridge at the same time so they all warmed to room temp.

(2) I added the chopped tomatoes, basil and asparagus to the bowl. The mixture should be about 1/3 basil, 1/3 tomato and 1/3 asparagus. Just don’t add too much basil.

(3) I topped off the mixture with 1 tablespoon EVOO and truffle salt. I sprinkled a little red wine vinegar for extra flavor. I mixed the ingredients with my hands.

(4) I cut the French roll into thicker pieces, brushed them with the EVOO and crisped them in the oven. Once they where crispy, I spread a thin layer of goat cheese on the bread and add a generous spoonful of the bruschetta.



(I suggest using the left over French roll for French Toast the next morning. If you leave the bread out over night, it will get a little stiff and make better French toast.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27.9.10

    Great job darlin'. FYI, you are on my Delightful Links page.

    smooches
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete