March 25, 2010

Beef Boneless Short Ribs



I was recently inspired by an impulse buy at Smart and Final…. Boneless Short Ribs. I finally got the guts to pull them out of the fridge and experiment. The family ate them, not once, but twice!



You will need

Beef Boneless short Ribs
Garlic powder
Truffle Salt
Lemon pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Brussels Sprouts (on the stock of possible)
Garlic oil ( or Extra Virgin Olive Oil)



Night #1
I seasoned the meat with garlic powder, lemon pepper, truffle salt and Worcestershire sauce. I then let the meat at room temperature for about 45 minutes and heated the oven to a broil.

Once the oven was ready, I placed the meat on a tin foil lined cookie sheet. I cooked each side until it browned and slightly crispy.

Side dish: I like Brussels sprouts and I am proud of that. For this dish, I bought Brussels sprouts from the farmers market, still on the stock. I removed them from the stock, covered them with garlic oil, truffle salt and fine black pepper. I placed them on a tin foil line cookie sheet and roasted them in the oven at 350 for about 8 minutes.

Night #2

I thinly sliced my left over beef and left it out for about 20 minutes. I used Trader Joe’s ciabatta bread to create a panini.


I cut the bread in half and sprayed the outside surface with TJ spray olive oil. I placed the bottom half on my Panini pan and covered it with cheese (I used jack and cheddar but you could get creative). I finely chopped basil, thyme, oregano and…. The left over Brussels sprouts. This created a “Brussels slaw.” I placed this mixture on top of the cheese. I added the meat and the second slice of bread on top of that.


Done and done. One night of cooking and two meals.

3 comments:

  1. Buck would love these! I'll have to try this recipe...after my finger has healed from my last cooking attempt of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the slaw idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous31.3.10

    I need the know-how on the Strawberry Vodka number you serve. Can this be your next post?

    ReplyDelete