March 2, 2010

Dark Greens and Goat Cheese Salad



I am a big fan of the salad. I grew up eating salad at least once a day so I have had years to play with ingredients.

Ingredients
Bib Lettuce
Fancy Spring Green
Laudemio Olive Oil (or an High quality OO)
Goat Cheese
Truffle Oil Salt
Lemon

I get my green mixes from Trader Joe's but really you can get them from anywhere. The key is to choose dark colored greens. I would stay away from Romaine and Iceberg. Place your greens into a bowl and crumble the goat cheese on top. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad and cheese. Add truffle salt at will. Squeeze half a lemon over the top. Toss the salad and you are ready to go.



Tips: (1) It is easier to squeeze out the lemon juice when you roll the lemon first.

(2) Recently, I had a dinner party and used the remaining goat cheese from the night before.



This salad is a great side for comfort food.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm leafy greens and goat cheese are my fav. When I was in Paris the only french I could say other then hello/goodbye was chev chaud. I ate a lot of warm goat cheese salads on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good Im totally going to make it for dinner tonight with some chicken!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete