March 7, 2010

Country Breakfast

On Sunday mornings, I cook a large breakfast. Typically, this breakfast is more of a brunch, so I try to make it count. Today, I focused on a Country Style Breakfast.

Required Items
Eggs
Jennie-O Breakfast Sausage
Trader Joe's Ready to Bake Biscuits
Butter
Trader Joe's Strawberry Jam

Start the coffee pot.  Heat the oven to 350. Heat a large skillet over a low medium heat.


Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and place the Trader Joe's ready to bake biscuits on the cookie sheet. When the oven is heated, place the biscuits in the oven.


Add the Jennie-O Sausage. I place the sausage on the sides of the skillet so I can use the center for my eggs. Let the sausage cook for a about 5 minutes on a low heat.

I prefer eggs over easy so I crack a few eggs in the center of the pan. I season the eggs with Trader Joe's fresh ground sea salt and finely ground black pepper. After about 3 minutes I flip by eggs over gentle.

At this point, you should be ready to go. The sausage is cooked through and the eggs are ready. The biscuits should be just about ready to pull out of the oven. I cut the biscuits in half and add butter and strawberry jam. I close the biscuit back up so the flavors melt into the biscuit.



Notes
1) Natural Honey is a good alternative to strawberry jam.
2) If you like scrambled eggs, crack a 3eggs into a cup, add a 1/4 cup of whole milk and beat the mixture.
3) Skillets are something you develop over time. Try to clean your skillet as little as possible because you want the pan to become seasoned. Keeping a skillet is a bit of an art. http://www.realsimple.com/skillet 101

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Would you mind coming over and making me a lovely brunch next weekend? Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you buy my plane ticket, I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont you love trader joes. i love the premise of your blog.
    makes me smile.

    will be following you
    xo
    ashlina
    secretsofdomesticbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete