March 20, 2010

Breaded Chicken Breast


Last night, I came home with no desire to cook.  So, I started open up doors.  In my pantry I found un-opened Trader Joe’s cornbread stuffing.  In the refrigerator, I found chicken breasts.  Then, the light bulb turned on.






Items you will need
Chicken breasts
2 eggs
Tablespoon of milk
Trader Joe’s cornbread stuffing
Handful of cheese (optional)
Trader Joe’s spray olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.

I put 3 cups of the cornbread stuffing mix into a plastic bad and smashed it up.  I did not make the mixture too fine.  I added about 2 teaspoons of dried thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder,  truffle salt and fine ground black pepper.  I mixed the bag up and poured the contents onto a plate.

On another plate, I beat two eggs with a tablespoon of milk.

I washed off the chicken breast and covered it in the egg and milk mixture.  I picked up the chicken breast, allowed the excess of the mixture to run off and placed it in the bread mixture. 

I made sure both sides where covered with the bread.  I even placed a little extra on the side facing up.  Careful not to lose any of the coating, I placed the chicken breast on the cookie sheet.  I did this same process for the other 2 chicken breasts.  When finished, I covered the outside of the breaded chicken with Trader Joe’s spray Olive Oil.

Before placing the chicken in the oven, I covered the chicken with tin foil.  After 25 minutes, I checked on the chicken.  I felt firm and almost cooked.  I pulled it out of the oven, removed the tin foil cover and added a little cheese to the top of each.  I used shredded Cheddar, Jack and Parmesan.  I placed the sheet, uncovered, back into the oven.  I let it cook a little longer, until the outside was golden brown and the cheese was melted.

As a side, I made a salad.  I chopped up romaine lettuce, cold asparagus, tomatoes and red onion.  I added some Caesar dressing and was ready to go. 

Then whole thing one requires about 15 minutes of attention.   The whole family loved it.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment