April 12, 2010

Saturday Night Clam Bake

Saturday, I decided to try something new. I went to Bristol Farms, picked up clams and went home to experiment.


You will need…






For the Clams:
Clam broth (Better than Bouillon)
Fresh thyme, oregano and parsley
Chardonnay
Sea salt


Sides:
Asparagus
Linguini
Garlic Cheese Bread (Fresh and Easy)
Crumbled Goat cheese (Fresh and Easy)


(1) I mixed 5 cups clam broth, 2 cups chardonnay and1 teaspoon gray sea salt. I turned the heat on high and chopped 1 tablespoon oregano, parsley and thyme. I added the fresh chopped herbs and the clams.

(2) I cooked I container of fresh linguini. Tossed with olive oil before serving.

(3) I turned on the oven and covered a cookie sheet with tin foil. I placed the garlic cheese bread on the sheet and added crumbled goat cheese and truffle salt.

(4) I covered another cookie sheet with tin foil. I place the asparagus down in a line and drizzled extra virgin olive oil and a truffle salt.

(5) I place the asparagus in the oven and waited for the clams to boil.

(6) Once the clams boiled and started to open, I removed the asparagus and put in the bread in the oven.

(7) Once the clams opened, I let them cook for about 3 minutes while fully open.

(8) I placed some linguini, bread and asparagus on each plate. I served the claims, in broth, in a soup tureen in the center of the table. I encouraged people to eat the claims of the linguini and add some of the broth to the pasta.

(9) The bread was also dipped into the left over broth.



The whole thing took minimal time and was fun to make.



ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! When I cook clams I usually just put them in a broth-y soup, but I will have to try this one too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a guest at this dinner I have to say how tasty this really was... good job!

    ReplyDelete