April 8, 2010

Two Easy Sides for Steak…

Last night I broiled Top sirloin steak, made cheese tortellini and a salad. Both sides where quick and went over well…


Cheese Tortellini
(1) Boiled water with sea salt and olive oil
(2) Add the fresh cheese tortellini from Fresh and Easy
(3) When the tortellini was ready to be removed, I used a slotted spoon to remove the pasta directly from the boiling water. I place the hot pasta into a bowl with a lid.
(4) I added garlic oil, truffle salt and parmesan cheese. Flavor to taste.
(5) I placed the lid on the bowl and shook it all up.
(6) Serve.


Salad
(1) I used Trader Joe’s chopped Romaine and fancy greens
(2) I added kalamata olives, capers and marinated artichoke hearts – all jarred from Trader Joe’s
(3) Added some Trader Joe’s crumbled feta and some Italian Dressing (or low Cal Miso Ceasar)
(4) Serve.


My suggestion, start by boiling the water and heating the over to a broil. Season the steak. While the steak is cooking, add the pasta to the water. Make the salad. Remove the pasta from the boiling water and follow the above process. The whole thing will take you 20 minutes max.

If you really want to go all out, get the individual garlic cheese bread from Fresh and Easy. After you remove the steak, through a couple under the broiler while you serve everyone’s plate. Once you serve the plates, the garlic bread should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment